My Most Worn | The Semester One Edit

Having used up a whole tube of toothpaste, become a pro-shopper in Lidl and gained the ability to wash up a meal as I go, madly signifies that my first semester of uni is drawing to a close. And whilst I only feel I’ve been living here a handful of moments, it’s been filled with uni days, nights out and all that lies in between. Whilst being at uni, along with the drift into autumn, I feel like my everyday wardrobe has vastly restructured, but I also love how it’s evolved.


Monki Jeans-
I was always a jeans-once-a-week-girl. I’d muster the effort on a Monday, and slip into more pyjama-like clothing as the week dragged on. My main problem was of course the curse of skinny jeans, and since buying a more straight/ mom style, jeans have been rewritten.
My Monki jeans are definitely one of my most worn garments over the last month, where they work perfectly for uni days or nights out alike. I think the shape of the Taiki** style is amazing, where the line and silhouette they create suits me well. They are also a proper firm denim that holds me in but I comfortably wear for a 9-5 day.


Denim Skirt-
Keeping on the denim staple-bottoms vibe, my denim skirt is something I really never thought I’d wear. Whilst I’ve always enjoyed feminine style, skirts were absolutely a garment that fell out my wardrobe in the last few years. But days into uni, a denim skirt seemed a vital purchase, and to be honest, it has been.
Somehow, I stumbled across this denim from Monki and I really do love it. Unlike skirts I’ve had in the past, I feel this style suits my shape (rather than trying to make me look like something I am far from), and I get complete Chloe Plumstead vibes (which I love because she’s my fashion inspiration through and through). I’ve worn it so much because again, it brilliantly sorts me out for casual days, clubbing nights and everything between the two.

Bandeau tops-
Again, my recent wardrobe is something of a shocking revelation. With a large bust and hatred for anything strapless, bandeaus sound like they’d spell disaster for me, but in fact, I wear my bandeau stupidly often. For me, they’ve become my go-to for a night out, so easy to dress up and down, and are super-de-duper comfortable when I wear my old strapless bikini in place of a bra.
Yet, I also feel they’re really important staples in my wardrobe now, as bandeaus can add such an interesting dimension to an outfit, when worn with jeans, trousers or skirts. And whilst I’m keeping it monochrome at the moment with my black and white options, I’ve got my eyes on the glammed-up versions across the highstreet for the festive season.

Black teddy coat-
Although I love autumn dressing, coats have always been something I struggle with personally, in the way they can plump you out and make you look like one chunkie monkey. But since buying this teddy in my pre-uni summer shop, I have worn it so much. I actually love the weight and shape of my one specifically, and sized down to an XS so it doesn’t look so enormous on me. It’s not heavy like a tailored winter coat, but still keeps my warm and wrapped up, so is definitely my daily coat.

Black high neck tops-
The definition of autumn to me is high neck tops. I have two I live in (both black), and they just make for really easy but effortless outfits. Again, they are just a staple I can wear non-stop, creating such a combination of outfits.

Leopard loafers-
A nod to the trend that swept the nation, is my pair of leopard shoes I’ve worn so so many times this semester. I bought these in week 1 and I can’t imagine not having such a comfortable pair of shoes I can slip on with 90% of my wardrobe. This specific pair were such a bargain, a cheaper rip off of so many pairs in the market, and what I enjoy most is that these shoes can make a boring outfit look interesting and well-designed. As a loafer-virgin, I equally have enjoyed wearing a completely new style of shoe- that I now want to repeat in all sorts of colours and materials.

Baggy Tshirts-
Whislt t-shrits may seem obvious, this post would be unrealistic without the honest fact that I wear them non-stop. I love the look of my baggy tshirts (generally men’s large works a treat) tucked into jeans, trousers or skirts. They’re the most comfortable outfits too, so whilst some girls come beautifully dressed to my fashion lectures, it’s highly likely I’ll be sporting an outfit tshirt-based. Plus now I feel like they’re not only a wardrobe essential but a staple to my style, where the silhouette they create is something I thrive from. I am also in love with that Modern Vintage printed tee that makes me feel all design-y and comfortable altogether (i.e. the dream team).

Joggers-
And because I am now a uni student, joggers are my life. Again, these were one of my first purchases of the term, where it was obvious one pair would not suffice. Joggers are a great throw on for days in the flat, errands to the supermarket and for those evening where you want to be most comfortable without wearing your embarrassingly-printed pyjamas around your new flatmates. These days, my joggers OOTD consists of the more realistic Lydia in bunny slippers and a pink dressing gown, and luckily my flat don’t disown me. Nevertheless, in terms of time spent, my joggers are undeniable a most worn garment this semester, and I’m sure they will be for the rest of my year at uni.



So whilst I’ve loved lots of other garments this season, these are surely my most worn items over semester one. 

Comments

  1. Great post - these are definitely all classic items in my closet as well :) I love your blog; so happy I stumbled upon it!
    -Jenna <3
    Follow me back? The Chic Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your fashion taste!
    The styles and outfit pieces you selected look great together.
    You look fabulous wearing them in the outfit photos above! xx <3 :D

    my blog
    my YouTube
    my Twitter

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts