MOODBOARD #1

So here it is, MOODBOARD no.1. In the blog world, it can be hard to do things that are completely new and unique, but I feel MOODBOARD is a project that will allow me full creative freedom, a post with its own niche and difference.

MOODBOARD is all about my personal visual representation month by month. I love a good favourites post but I just feel there’s something so stale about them. Everyone does the same posts/ videos in the same way month after month. My idea for MOODBOARD was a fresh take on this that also shares some personal changes/ achievements from the last month to the new one, a mini preview of some post ideas I may have and a preview of what this months ‘my thoughts on’ topic will be. 
1.  A huge achievement for me last month was finishing my last project in textiles, which finalises my AS project coursework. It was my biggest project yet, a decades inspired product to me research, designed and made. I loved it, I truly did, but blimey the end got stressful. The deadline loomed and my fears of incompletion were controlling. However, now it’s all done and I couldn’t be happier with my final product: a red and houndstooth 1960s inspired coat.

2. Reads so far with month:
On holiday I started reading the Rosie Project series of books, let’s just say I think they’re a hit and a blog post may be on the horizon when I’ve finished up with the duo…
I also loved last month’s issue of Elle magazine. I like to take a magazine on holiday with me but I always struggle which to pick. I love a bit of fashion, but so many mags are filled with crappy articles and too many photos. However, I found this Elle was a good balance, with several articles that I loved and found so interesting. I am always inspired by a well-crafted journalism article.

3. Podcasts? I never thought I’d get into these but now I’m hooked. I downloaded a few from Spotify initially, listening to them on the sunbed on holiday and then found myself endlessly downloading episodes. They’re perfect for journeys- planes, cars, walks, and I feel I can really learn something. I’m loving the fashion-y ones, my favourite podcasts being the ASOS These Four Walls episode at WOW festival, Asos Big Ideas and the London College of Communication’s episodes.
4.At the start of this month I jetted off to Tenerife, warm sunshine and relaxed days. It was lovely and I had a beautiful and precious time away with my family. I really needed that mental break before exams and I think there will be a few posts inspired by the holiday coming up.

5. My thoughts on launches this month and I wanted to talk about a very prevalent topic for me at the moment- feminism. I’ve considered myself a feminist for a good while know, but I always feel a little odd saying it. This post will hopefully explore my ideas about feminism, some resources I’ve found interesting relating to it etc

6. Design is something I never fall out of love with, but at the moment I’ve been obsessed with design-related Instagram accounts and my ‘Design’ Pinterest board. One of my favourite vloggers MsRosieBea studies fashion and has a specific design Instagram that I just adore. As someone who is interested in studying design at uni, I find this both insightful and inspiring. 

So there’s MOODBOARD number 1. Let me know what you thought of the post, any feedback would be great!!
Head over to my Twitter, where my MOODBOARD will stay as my background each month, find me @_LydiaEve_
Thanks for reading my lovelies,


Stay updated via Twitter (@_lydiaeve_), BloglovinGoogle+ and Pinterest


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts