Six Looks This Autumn | Collab with Kizzi May

This Monday was the first time this year I’ve woken up and felt all autumnal. The weather has begun to turn this week, with the temperature dipping and my fuzzy socks firm on my feet. And, I can’t wait. Autumn, winter months are my favourite and I love the style that comes with them.

Today, I am so excited to be creating a collaboration post with one of my favourite bloggers Kizzi from the blog Kizzi May. Together, we’ve created six autumnal outfits to give you some inspiration this season. I am thrilled to have worked with Kizzi as I have loved her blogs for ages. I’d really erge you to check her blog out, I’m seriously addicted to her fascinating posts and pretty blog photos, as well as checking out part two of this post- where she’ll share her three outfits.



Look #1
This outfit was the first proper autumn-feeling look I’ve worn all year. I love the simplicity of it, the fact it is so comfy to wear and practical for days at Sixth Form. I have been obsessed with these leather-look A-line skirts from New Look recently (the black and purple one each feature in this post). The leather-look adds a really nice texture to an outfit and the purple one adds a really fun pop of colour. I matched it with my high neck rib top from Asos- I got this last year but I’m sure they’ll have it still or something similar, black tights and my patent school-girl t-bar shoes from New Look. For accessories, I wore my New Look rose gold and black watch and this beautiful River Island necklace I was kindly given for my birthday.

Top- Asos
Skirt- New Look
Necklace- River Island
Shoes- New Look
Watch- New Look

A high neck instantly screams autumn. To warm up an all-year outfit, switch up your bog-standard top with a high neck one, or even a jumper in this style. You’ll find them all over the shops as we start getting into the cooler months, and they’re a practical choice as they do keep you snug and warm!


Look #2
Ode to my pinafore. This little black denim number was a bit of a splurge for me, as I spoke about in my back to school clothing haul, but it has become a much-worn go to. It spices up simple outfits, looks cute and is so comfortable! I have also been loving the embroidery trend at the moment and I though this, my second Primark embroidered tee, looked really adorable peeping out on the shoulders.

Top- Primark
Pinafore- River Island
Shoes- New Look
Watch- New Look

Pinafores are a really in-trend piece at the moment and are now everywhere, in so many colours, materials and cuts. If you haven’t tried one, I say go for it, and if you’re more a jeans gal- dungarees are a similar option!


Look #3
My bargain of the year is apparently this top I snapped up in the New Look sale for a cheeky £5! I’m pretty sure it’s from last year but I love the burnt orange material matched with the dainty eyelash lace. With my New Look leather-look skirt, heeled boots, my watch and a coat, I feel like I’ve got the autumn package sorted. You could even pull on a warm bobble hat like this one to add an extra seasonal touch.

Top- New Look (sale)
Skirt- New Look
Hat- ?
Coat- Brave Soul
Shoes- River Island
Watch- New Look

The best way to sort out your winter wardrobe is to pick up some key pieces that reflect the season. For me, I like to get a range of autumnal colours mixed in- warming burgundies, muddy mustards and leafy auburns. This can be through clothing pieces, accessories, makeup or even in your winter coat. 


To see the next three autumn looks, click here to go to Kizzi’s post.

I hope you’ve enjoyed this post. I love autumn style, so always get excited when I can start chatting about jumpers, tights and seasonal colours. Let me know you’re favourite things about autumn style in the comments.

I’d also like to welcome any new readers that perhaps have come from Kizzi’s blog- I hope you’ve enjoyed my post and I’d invite you to have a click around- my social media is always at the bottom of my posts and there are also some of my recent posts along the side bar.

Finally, I’d like to say a big thank you to Kizzi- it’s been so fun creating the post and I hope we can continue to be blogger friends and work together in the future.


Thanks for reading my lovelies,


Stay updated via Twitter, BloglovinGoogle+ and Pinterest

Comments

  1. The first outfit was definitely my favourite,I've been eyeing up the leather a-line skirts for a while now and you styled it exactly how I would xx

    http://daisyypetals.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you- I've worn it literally non-stop this month! Lydia Eve xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts