Make Up | Prom

The horror of my GCSEs are nearly over- just a week to go- and with their ending comes Prom. I’m so excited celebrate the last few years of school and exams, as well as the fact that my friends and I will all get a little dressed up, so today I thought I’d chat you through the makeup I’m going to wear (praying my eyeliner will work…).



I decided that I wanted to keep my makeup quite simple- nothing too colourful or dramatic. However, I also wanted to make me makeup feel quite special and use a combination of products that would leave me feeling confident.

Base
For my base, I wanted a matte finish (the last thing I want is shine-to-the-max when someone uses flash photography), so I opted for the Loreal Infalible 24hr Matte Foundation in Vanilla. Then, I have shade 1, Fair, of the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer below my eyes because a) the coverage on this will be sure to cover my angry exam-stress spots and b) will help brighten and hide my dark circles. To set, I used my favourite Stay Matte powder, yet I chose to get the transparent one which I MUCH prefer as it doesn’t make me feel orange in the slightest. I finished off my base with a touch of bronzer- I can’t contour (so don’t try really)- for a little touch of colour.


Brows
Next I moved onto my brows. Now I have quite wild brows, that are rather thick, so a touch of the Soap & Glory Brow Archery is all I need to make them complete. I used a combination of the ink and crayon end, with a simple brush through with a spoley brush.


Eyes
For my eyes, I wanted something neutral but rather bold. I used a combination of two palettes for my eyes- my MAC Amber palette and my Collection ‘Eyes Uncovered’ Nude Bronze palette. Together, I combined matte and glimmer shades. First, I used a mix of Mac Kitties and Mink from the Collection pallete. Then in the crease, I used a combination of Collections Ember and Mac’s Cork, Don’t Tell and Aromatic. Then I blended it all until I got a look something like this. I love both these palletes as they’re really pigmented, although make Kitties is definitely my favourite shade.

I won’t lie, one of my main worries for Prom is getting my eyeliner right. After all the kafuffle of blending eyeshadow perfectly, you go to flick and it all goes wrong. Eyeliner is mostly in my everyday makeup- so you’d think I’d have the hang of it- but eyeliner is not a thing you can 100% tame. So, if we all cross our fingers, when my eyeliner does go right (probably after the fifth attempt), I will be using my favourite Collection Fast Stroke liner. For this look, I used the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara and I do really like it, but it is a little clumpy to apply. I may use this and combine it with the Benefit They’re Real. I am also considering wearing lashes, I’ve never worn them before (I’ve bought some Tanya Burr Bambi ones), so any tips would you super!


Lips
For lips, I opted for Mac Mehr- a new lipstick I bought as a special Prom gift to myself. It’s a lovely warm pink-y shade, and I love the matte finish. So I’ll pop this in the cutch- which I haven’t even bought yet- and be ready for the night.



I’ll see if I can get some nice pics from the day- if not Prom, when?- and then I may right up a little blogpost on what I wore and whatnot! Thank you all for reading, and if you have you’re Prom soon, have a wonderful time! 


Stay updated via BloglovinGoogle+ and Pinterest.

Comments

  1. Your prom makeup looks lovely! Cass xxx
    www.heyitscassxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! As long as my eyeliner goes okay, I think I'll be okay!! Lydia Eve xx

      Delete
  2. Looks gorgeous! I had prom on Saturday and loved it, enjoy xo

    emsirose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is tomorrow now (time to clean the makeup brushes and paint the nails, I feel) and I can't wait! Thank you, www.lydia-eve.blogspot.co.uk xx

      Delete
  3. I hope you had a great prom, this makeup look was perfect for the summer time too! Thanks for sharing x
    http://thepastelstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True true- a look I will be wearing loads over the next few months! www.lydia-eve.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  4. Your makeup looks so pretty! I hope you had a lovely prom x
    Louise | helloteddy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look amazing! and damn you are totally right with the eyeliner, like I have been using it for years, but there are days when I have to try at least twice ( or more times) to get it somehow even. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts